As promised, here is my personal 2010 New York City Marathon Training Guide in Adobe PDF and Excel formats:
Looking over this schedule you will notice a few things:
- Yes. I am insane. This is a pretty intense schedule, but I have tried the conservative approach three times with mixed results. It is now time to try a more aggressive route. I, of course, will listen to my body and adjust accordingly if needed. However, my body has been responding very will so far
- You will notice the different paces I am running at tie into the Jack Daniels principles I previously discussed. The times are based off a VDOT score of 51.
- On Tuesdays, I am running Yasso 800′s at an Interval (I) Pace of 6:20 per mile. Notice I peak at 10 x 800 four weeks out from the marathon.
- On Thursdays, I am running at a Threshold (T) Pace of 6:40 per mile.
- My weekly mileage peaks out at 60 miles per week. That should be interesting
- “Run Like A Cheetah, Not A Lion!” – This is how one of my running club buddies described me. He said I was running slow like lions and now its time to open it up like a cheetah!
Welp. There it is. I will be posting regular updates, but so far it has been going great! Please post any questions, comments, or concerns.