I have been patiently waiting for my new Garmin Forerunner 620 to arrive like a child waits for Christmas morning. It has been a long wait since placing my order in early October, but yesterday the much-anticipated package finally arrived!
It was tempting to simply rip the box apart, throw on the watch, and go for a run. However, I first had to take the mandatory unboxing photos for my fellow dummies.
If the words “new Garmin” aren’t enough to convince you… then maybe this video put together by the folks at Garmin will help get you excited.
- Recovery Advisor
- Race Predictor (based on VO2 Max)
- Live Tracking (when paired to smartphone)
- Running Dynamics (Cadence, Vertical Oscillation, Ground Contact Time, Stride Length)
- Estimates VO2 Max (you know I love my VO2 Max!)
- Walk / Run Feature
- Easy Data Sync (USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi!)
- Pre-loading of a week’s worth of satellites
- This thing is super light (and thin!) compared to the Forerunner 620
- The build quality feels very solid (all the buttons have a nice feeling to them)
- The blue accents (especially on the band) are freaking awesome
- Acquiring satellite signal is super fast
For now, enjoy the pictures below and rest assured that a complete review is on the way!
Awesome, right!? What are you waiting for? Go buy a Garmin Forerunner 620!
A tease!!! Go for a run already!!
I have and it was glorious! Review coming…
Can you please post a review soon? And can you still post your runs on Nike+ with the 620?
Review coming soon (still learning all the ins and outs of the watch). Unfortunately, I cannot use the Nike+ converter with the 620 (yet) because the files have changed from .tcx to .fit. Hopefully, the converter will be updated soon to support this change.
Yes, you can I’m using FR620 for 2 months now and i always could. Just take your run from Garmin Connect and use the converter. Good luck!